Riverside COVID-19 Testing Information
Dwight School has partnered with Mirimus Inc. (“Mirimus”) who created a system by which we can test groups of up to 24 individuals at a time in a single test that can be processed within a few hours of the collection of the samples. This allows fast identification of positive cases without the need for constant individual testing. In turn, this will lead to the isolation of the specific pool in which a positive case was identified, then the individual, thus preventing the spread within the community. By isolating the pool of individuals with exposure to the infected person(s), we may be able to continue to conduct in-person learning without risking further spread.
Click here for step-by-step testing instructions and watch the video below.
Consent to Participate
Click here to review the consent form, which provides information about the program, including its purpose, benefits and how it works.
- Who will be tested?
- When will this testing program begin?
- Why has Dwight chosen this option?
- How reliable is the test?
- Is there potential for false positives?
- What is the process if my child participates in regular saliva pool testing?
- What happens after we submit our child’s saliva sample?
- If my child takes the bus or the shuttle, how can I be sure his/her saliva sample is collected?
- What happens if my child is absent and misses his/her designated week for pool testing?
- What is the cost associated with this testing protocol?
- If I’m unable to get a full saliva sample from my child, what should I do?