The Parents Association plays a vital role in Dwight School's community-building efforts and educational objectives. It is the School's and PA's joint mission to build a responsible, global-minded community and ignite the "spark of genius" in every child. We look forward to all parents in every grade volunteering their time and participating in PA events.
The PA has exciting events planned for this school year! Enjoy snapshots below from just a few of the events we host annually, including the International Food Festival, book fairs, and ice skating in Central Park!
- Welcoming new families to the class
- Serving as a source of accurate information and helping to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner
- Encouraging parent attendance at PA and School events
- Helping to organize class dinners and receptions
- Encouraging and facilitating parent volunteerism at Dwight
The PA is comprised of the parents or legal guardians of each Dwight student. Volunteers serve as Officers of the Executive Board and Board, Class Representatives, and the chairs and members of various PA committees.
2020-21 Executive Board
- Aileen Bruner, Co-President
- Louise Tonkin, Co-President
- Lola Garcia, VP Franklin/Anglo
- Cecilia Rebolledo, VP Bentley House
- Darly Cornell, VP Timothy House
- Ann Ferguson, Secretary & Treasurer
- Patricia Teles, Co-Event Coordinator
- Jennifer Shin, Co-Event Coordinator
- Sona Hacherian, Communications Coordinator