Dwight’s internationally diverse community representing over 40 countries, paired with our legacy as a pioneer in the International Baccalaureate curriculum, makes us the most sought-after IB World School in New York City. The IB educates caring, open-minded, and critical thinkers, who can help make our world a better place. No other curriculum fits better with Dwight’s vision of educating the next generation of global leaders.
The International Baccalaureate is an academically rigorous program for students in preschool through grade 12, which teaches students to think critically, creatively, ethically, and globally — and to become lifelong learners.
Recognized worldwide as one of the most challenging academic programs — the “gold standard” in pre-university preparation — the comprehensive IB curriculum includes:
The IB provides the ideal academic framework for educating critical thinkers and problem-solvers who are internationally minded — culturally agile, bilingual, and even trilingual — positioning them for success in today’s global marketplace.
In every grade, we embrace the IB mission and the IB Learner Profile, which encourages students to be: inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, and reflective.
Did you know?
- The IB is the only curriculum in which students are measured against the same high and universally respected benchmarks around the world.
- Students often receive college/university credit for Diploma Program courses.
- Dwight is the first school in the Americas to offer all of the IB programs.
- 20 Dwight faculty are members of the IB Academy, serving as master teachers and leaders in the IB community.
- Dwight was selected from 3,700 IB World Schools to be a pioneering online school, bringing online IB courses to students around the globe.
- Dwight has been recognized with a School of Excellence Award for the highest quality IB education.