The International Baccalaureate is an academically vigorous program for students in preschool through grade 12.
The IB teaches students to think critically, creatively, ethically, and globally — and to become lifelong learners.
Recognized worldwide as one of the most challenging academic programs — the “gold standard” in pre-university preparation — the comprehensive IB curriculum includes:
- Primary Years Program: Preschool 3s-Grade 5
- Middle Years Program: Grades 6-10
- Diploma Program: Grades 11-12
The IB provides the ideal academic framework for educating critical thinkers and problem-solvers who are internationally minded — culturally agile, bilingual, and even trilingual — positioning them for success in today’s global marketplace. No other curriculum fits better with Dwight’s vision of educating the next generation of global leaders.
In every grade, we embrace the IB mission and the IB Learner Profile, which encourages students to be: inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, and reflective.
Did you know?
- The IB is the only curriculum in which students are measured against the same high and universally respected benchmarks around the world.
- Students often receive college/university credit for Diploma Program courses.
- Dwight is the first school in the Americas to offer all of the IB programs.
- 20 Dwight faculty are members of the IB Academy, serving as master teachers and leaders in the IB community.
- Dwight was selected from 3,700 IB World Schools to be a pioneering Open World School, bringing online IB courses to students around the globe.
- Dwight has been recognized with a School of Excellence Award for the highest quality IB education.