The Middle School Spark
What Sets Us Apart?
The International Baccalaureate
- We offer the Middle Years Program of the International Baccalaureate curriculum, which extends from grades 6–10.
- The IB is among the most academically vigorous and challenging programs in the world and fosters the education of open-minded and critical thinkers.
- No two students are alike — and no two student journeys are the same.
- Learning is individualized, as students may reach new heights in math at their own pace and in physical education, by taking swim lessons tailored to their skill level.
- Each student is a member of a small advisory group, which meets weekly with a faculty mentor to discuss a wide variety of topics.
- All Middle School students participate in a leadership program led by the Head of Middle School, Ron Posner.
- Opportunities for meaningful community service include a service morning for each grade.
- Grade 7 students have the opportunity to travel to Dwight School Seoul for an enriching cultural exchange program with their peers across the globe.
- Middle School students participate in curricular and creative collaborations with Dwight’s global campuses, including a worldwide Earth Day celebration and an annual concert at Carnegie Hall.
- Students may study Spanish, French, or Mandarin. Additional language offerings and Mother Tongue language classes are available upon request.
- Student innovation flourishes in classrooms, laboratories, studios, and through wide-ranging extra-curricular programs designed to ignite creativity and ingenuity.
- Students may apply to the Spark of Innovation program for funds to take their novel ideas with real-world application into the marketplace.
- Our 1:1 iPad program for students in grade 6 and 1:1 laptop program in grades 7 and 8 ensure access to the latest learning technologies.
- In our MakerSpace, students imagine and craft, reflecting their own passions.