In Dwight's Middle School, students in grades 6-8 begin the academically robust International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program, where they are encouraged to collaborate, think critically and independently, and apply their knowledge to the world around them.
What Sets Us Apart?
The International Baccalaureate
- We offer the Middle Years Program of the International Baccalaureate curriculum, which extends from grades 6–10.
- The IB is among the most academically vigorous and challenging programs in the world and fosters the education of open-minded and critical thinkers.
- Students may participate in our Spark Tank incubator program, to take their novel ideas with real-world application into the marketplace.
- Our 1:1 laptop program in grades 6-8 ensure access to the latest learning technologies.
- No two students are alike — and no two student journeys are the same.
- Learning is individualized, as students may reach new heights in math and other subjects, at their own pace.
- Each student is a member of a small advisory group, which meets weekly with a faculty mentor to discuss a wide variety of topics.
- All Middle School students participate in a leadership program led by the Head of Middle School, Ron Posner and Associate Head of Middle School, Shelby Levin.
- Opportunities for meaningful community service include a service day for each grade.
- Middle School students have the opportunity to travel abroad to many of our Dwight School campuses and interact with their peers across the globe
- Students may study Spanish, French, or Mandarin. Additional language offerings and Mother Tongue language classes are available upon request.
Ron Posner | Head of Middle School