Director of Preschool and Kindergarten
Welcome to Dwight’s Preschool!
These years are an exciting time for growth and exploration for both our students and families, and we look forward to embarking on this exciting journey with you.
We’re delighted to introduce children to their first classroom experience in our warm, nurturing environment. Our student-centered approach encourages children to discover the world around them, while learning to connect with others and developing a strong sense of self. In Dwight’s tradition of igniting the spark of genius in every child, we help students begin to unlock their unique talents and interests and allow their natural abilities to flourish.
We’re proud to offer one of the most respected curriculums in the world, the inquiry-based Primary Years Program (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate, which is rich, engaging, and encourages students to ask questions and actively participate in their learning. Our highly qualified teachers in our 2s, 3s, and Pre-K programs apply best practices in early childhood education, leading the way for students to become enthusiastic, caring, compassionate, internationally-minded learners and problem-solvers.
The Preschool offers the Primary Years Program (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate to children ages three through five. The nature of the PYP places the child at the center, which allows Dwight to consistently position the students’ strengths and interests at the forefront of the learning experience.
Our team of early education experts includes six specialists, who share their passion and areas of expertise with students:
- Spanish and Mandarin: We begin language instruction earlier than most, teaching Spanish and Mandarin beginning in preschool.
- Physical health and wellness: Students learn about their bodies, healthy eating, and exercise, while building skills like cooperation and teamwork.
- Music: Students play with instruments and props, strengthen their language skills, and of course — sing!
- Studio: Students explore a variety of subjects and build skills through hands-on learning.
- Library: We foster a love of reading right from the start! Through reading, students access a variety of perspectives on the content they’re learning in class.
Our bright and spacious Riverside Campus, located on Riverside Boulevard between 66th-68th Streets, is just a few feet from Riverside Park and multiple playgrounds, offering views across the Hudson River. Our new 94th Street Campus, at 705 Columbus Avenue, is located just five blocks from Dwight's CPW/Main Campus on 89th Street and Central Park West and boasts 20,000 square feet of play space.
I encourage you to visit us, attend an admissions open house, meet our wonderful teachers, and see for yourself what makes our Preschool so special. Check out our Preschool application process and apply today.
Christine Allen | Head of Dwight’s Early Childhood Division