Why Choose Quest
Quest is far more than academic support. The program combines convenience and reliability of on-site support with the efficiency of a teacher well-versed in the Dwight culture, curriculum and program expectations.
- Extensive Support for the Whole Child
- Data-based Progress Reporting
- Intensive Academic Support and Skill Building
- A Large Support Network
- Students are observed in the classroom setting by Quest teachers when needed.
- Quest teachers coordinate with deans and other members of the student support team to provide support in all facets of school life.
- Quest teachers help every student understand his or her learning style and become self-advocates.
- Annual reports chart student progress on the IB Approaches to Learning, a comprehensive toolbox of skills needed to provide a solid foundation for learning independently.
- Quest teachers work with parents and students to set specific measurable goals, monitor progress, and revise goals throughout the year.
- Students have access to the whole Quest team, including specialists in all curricular areas.
- Upper Quest teachers receive ongoing training in special education and learning differences. Training covers specific research-based teaching strategies found to be effective for students with language-based learning differences and attention deficits.
- Lower Quest teachers all have Master’s Degrees in Special Education.
Why Choose Quest Over Private Tutoring?At Dwight, Quest provides the individualized attention and comprehensive level of support that tutoring does not.
At the most basic level, Quest teachers provide direct support for students in areas of academic weakness; however, Quest is much more than tutoring and offers many unique advantages.