IB Diploma Program
The #1 International Curriculum
The IB Diploma Program (DP) at Dwight School provides a framework for academic rigor and innovation that encourages students to challenge themselves, and to apply their broad range and depth of knowledge in the real world.
The DP is the “gold standard” in pre-university preparation. It is highly regarded by leading colleges and universities worldwide for its challenging curriculum and for predicting student success in higher education. Diploma program graduates qualify for college credit at most U.S. colleges and universities.
Our teachers inspire DP students to tap into their critical-thinking skills and personal passions to focus on one area for in-depth study — one child at a time, in Dwight’s tradition of personalized learning.
The DP at Dwight Is Designed to
- Teach students a broad range of subjects, including several at a higher level and of their own choosing, ranging from experimental sciences and mathematics, to the arts, economics and finance, film, technology, and languages.
- Introduce students to philosophy through the compulsory IB Theory of Knowledge course, where they explore the nature of knowledge and are challenged to reflect critically on diverse ways of knowing.
- Encourage students to explore the arts and creative thinking, physical activity, and community service through CAS (Creativity, Action, and Service) requirements on a journey of self-discovery.
- Engage students in independent research through in-depth study and writing an extended essay.
- Emphasize the development of the whole student intellectually, emotionally, physically, and ethically.
- Embrace the IB Learner Profile: Dwight students are knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, and reflective.
- Empower students to be entrepreneurial innovators.
Did you know?
- IB graduates are 21.4% more likely to be admitted into the country's most prestigious universities, including Harvard, Princeton, Yale, and Stanford.
- Dwight offers students a wide range of exciting pre-professional internship opportunities.
- Dwight's numerous online course offerings allow students to take courses of personal interest ― at their own pace and on their own time.
- Our Spark of Innovation program fosters the next generation of entrepreneurs.