Co-Director of Financial Aid
Tuition & Financial Aid
*Tuition includes lunch for full-day 3s through grade 7. Please note that tuition does not include Parents Association dues of $125, new student registration fee of $1,000, and an annual materials, labs, books, day trips fee of $1,975.
Dwight School has a long-standing commitment to its financial aid program, which allows students to have an independent school education regardless of the family’s financial circumstances. As a central part of our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Dwight values enrolling a highly qualified student body with diverse talents, interests, and backgrounds. Recipients of financial aid must reapply each year and all financial aid information is kept confidential. We seek to support as many families as possible and our award decisions are based on demonstrated need.
23% of Dwight students receive financial aid. In the 2021-22 school year, Dwight awarded more than $6.84 million in financial aid with the generous support of the Dwight School Foundation. Dwight School is also committed to a robust faculty Financial Aid program. The School and Foundation endeavor to support as many current and newly enrolled students as possible. However, our financial aid budget is limited and Dwight always receives more applications than our funding can support. Financial aid awards range from small grants to full tuition and fees.
Additional Considerations for Families Applying for Financial Aid
It is our philosophy that families bear the primary responsibility for financing the education of their children. Financial aid decisions are based on demonstrated need. All financial aid applications are reviewed confidentially, comprehensively and individually. We use TADS financial aid application system to help us fairly evaluate award decisions. There are no specific benchmarks for income levels to qualify for financial aid. Providing additional narrative details in the application will assist the Financial Aid Committee to understand any extenuating circumstances that are unique to your family.
In consideration of an inclusive school experience, additional benefits beyond tuition are included in financial aid packages for families receiving 50% or more aid. This includes after school care and programs, athletics, transportation discounts, grade wide domestic and international trips, summer day camp discounts, uniform sale gift certificates, and no-cost admission to parent and family community events. Additional benefits for Upper School students on full aid include school lunch and textbooks. School lunch is included for all students in grades K-7 and textbooks are provided in grades K-5.
If you anticipate needing financial assistance in the future, please indicate this at the time of admission. Families who initially enrolled at Dwight School without a financial aid package are eligible to apply for aid only if they have experienced a significant change in circumstances. Funds are not available for families with pre-existing needs that were not disclosed at the time of initial admission.
Financial Aid Application Checklist
- Check the financial aid box on Ravenna admissions application. The deadline for both the Dwight School Admissions Application and the Financial Aid Application is December 1, 2021.
- Complete the TADS online application after September 1. Create a login and enter the Dwight School Code: NY321250000.
- If separated and/or divorced, each parent must submit a separate TADS application. Separate applications will be kept confidential.
- Single household applications should represent the total household finances; domestic partners, step-parents and non-custodial parents must also submit financial information either together or separately.
- We encourage families to use the narrative section to note unusual expenses, family structures, or other relevant information and circumstances.
- As a part of the TADS application, you will need to upload your two most recent years of tax returns including W-2’s, Form 1040’s, and business returns, if applicable. Estimated income and expenses for the next school year are acceptable in the TADS application.
- Financial aid awards will be sent at the same time as acceptances. Dwight follows the ISAAGNY notification dates for new enrollment. For current families, awards are distributed as part of re-enrollment.
- Dwight must receive all Financial Aid materials via the online platform by December 1, 2021 in order to give you full consideration for Financial Aid for the 2022-23 school year.
- To secure a financial aid award, a signed contract and deposit are required at the time of (re) enrollment.
In addition to financial aid, Dwight School offers several different payment plan options for families.
If you have any questions regarding the Financial Aid process, please email email@example.com
Financial Aid Q&A
- Who qualifies for Financial Aid?
- In addition to financial aid, are merit scholarships or athletic scholarships available?
- Is Financial Aid available for students in Small Wonder, Nursery School 2s and 3s or Pre-Kindergarten?
- How much Financial Aid will my child/family receive?
- Is Financial Aid available for expenses beyond tuition?
- If we enter the school without Financial Aid, can we apply for Aid later?
- What percentage of students receive Financial Aid?