Summer Assignments and Information for Incoming Families
Here is information that will help you prepare for the 2018-19 school year. We look forward to connecting with you soon! Have a great summer!
Dwight Global students must complete summer reading for their English courses. Please see the assignments here.
All students must complete the Dwight Global summer orientation course. This course will open the second week of August and must be completed by August 24. Stay tuned for more information.
Students taking taking Computer Science (Python) must complete this assignment.
AP Computer Science students must complete this assignment.
For some Dwight Global classes, you will be asked to obtain textbooks or novels. All books are available on Amazon, as well as in other retail outlets, and you may find some at your local library. If you have issues finding these books, please contact Mr. Lane at email@example.com.
You can download the textbook list here.
Mark your calendars! All Dwight Global students are invited to orientation at Dwight New York from August 26 to 29, 2018. This exciting program formally kicks off the 2018-19 year. Parents are invited to a lunch on Monday, August 27.
To register to stay in the hotel, please complete this form and waiver.
To register to join us by day, please complete this form and waiver.
During orientation, Dwight Global students will learn more about and become part of Dwight School traditions; build a solid foundation for their academic work and extra-curricular activities to come; and enjoy visiting cultural sites in the city ― all while developing strong bonds with faculty and fellow classmates.
Students are invited to stay in chaperoned accommodations for the full orientation experience. Students who live in the New York City area may travel to campus each day to participate.
- A formal convocation by Chancellor Stephen Spahn
- A lunch for parents, students, and teachers
- Strategy sessions for success in online academic work and college planning
- A clubs and extra-curricular fair
- Trips to some of New York City's sites and cultural experiences
- Sunday, August 26: Students traveling to New York City should arrive on campus (18 West 89th Street) between 11 am-12:30 pm. Day students should plan to arrive on campus at 12:30 pm.
- Monday-Tuesday, August 27-28: All students should be on campus by 9:30 am. There is a parent lunch on Monday, August 27, at 12 pm, at 18 West 89th Street.
- Wednesday, August 29: The program concludes at 1 pm.