Summer Courses for Grades 9-12
Credit-Bearing Academic Courses
Our academic summer classes for students going into grades 8-12 are rigorous, full-credit courses. With a curriculum designed to engage and foster critical thinking, students learn from expert teachers who are both committed to supporting students’ academic success and readily accessible. To accommodate busy summer schedules, all courses except Spanish, French and Mandarin are asynchronous with weekly deadlines. World Language classes have a weekly meeting requirement for live practice. At Dwight Global, you can supplement your transcript or pursue credit recovery. Either way, as with our other courses, summer courses are designed to draw on real-life examples, offer a global perspective, and provide a solid foundation for future study.
Upper School Spark of Genius Courses: One Week
Our one-week Spark of Genius courses meet daily. Students who successfully complete the course earn a certificate. Tuition for one-week Spark of Genius courses is $250.
- Abigail Milton | Using Neuroscience to Boost Your Grades: The Science of Learning | Grades 8-12
- Abigail Milton | Improve Your Spanish at Any Level Through Film | Grades 8-12
- Candace Cardwell | Prophets and Con-Men: Cults in America | Grades 8-12
- Roxanne Miller | Art with a Message | Grades 8-9
- Sara Crucet | Summer Hip-Hop Workshop | Grades 6-12
- Halle Bauer | Economics 101 | Grades 9-12
- Halle Bauer | LGBTQ History in the U.S. | Grades 9-12
- Candace Cardwell | Jane Crow: Contemporary Short Fiction by Black Women Writers | Grades 9-12
- Terrence Christgau | Laugh and Learn: The Fundamentals of Improv | Grads 9-12
Upper School Spark of Genius Courses: Two Weeks
Our two-week Spark of Genius courses meet daily. Students who successfully complete the course earn a certificate. Tuition for one-week Spark of Genius courses is $500.
- Paul Vliegen | The Middle East and U.S. Foreign Policy | Grades 8-12
- Paul Vliegen | Popular Culture as Social and Political Allegory | Grades 8-12
- Sara Soto | Introduction to Spanish - Beginner Level | Grades 6-12
- Sara Soto | Español para Nativos | Grades 6-12
- Brian Gabriel | Mini-Medical School | Grades 9-12
- Alexander Wilds Cunningham | Weirding the World - SciFi/Fantasy Lit Against Fascism | Grades 9-12
- Terrence Christgau | Laugh and Learn: The Fundamentals of Improv | Grades 9-12
- Alexander Wilds Cunningham | The Ways of the Warriors: Truths and Myths of the Samurai, Vikings, and Knights | Grades 9-12
- Hagit Halperin | The Hebrew Bible in Jewish and Christian Views and in Art | Grades 9-12
- Michael Wiesenfeld | Law and Literature: Crime Stories | Grades 9-12
- Alli Poirot | Psychology 101 | Grades 9-12
- Oscar Brett | Digital Photography | Grades 9-12
- Rebecca Singer-Zhou | EAL | Grades 8-12
One-on-one Extended Essay Tutorial
- June 21-July 2
- Grade 12 (Dwight School Only)
This course is open to rising seniors who are currently working on their Extended Essays. In addition to the time spent in the tutorial session, where you will receive one-on-one support, we ask that you devote an additional 90 minutes each day during the two-week period. Once enrolled, students will schedule 10 meetings with either Elizabeth Hutton, IB Diploma Program Coordinator; or Megan Koepsell, Extended Essay Coordinator, who are both available between 9 am-3 pm daily.