- What are the application requirements?
- When is the admissions deadline?
- What does Dwight Global look for in an applicant?
- Does Dwight Global offer financial aid?
- I don't see my question here. How can I ask it?
- Schedule a one-on-one consultation with an admissions counselor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We also invite you to register for one of our virtual open houses.
- Fill out an online application.
- Submit your supporting materials: test scores; previous classes taken, and transcripts.
Read more on the application process page.
Dwight Global Online School looks for students who are passionate about learning and can thrive in a rigorous online academic setting. Dwight Global students are also independent-minded in their interests, good self-managers of time, and uncompromising in the pursuit of their goals. Dwight Global students comprise a community of globally minded, innovative students who are interested in sharing their diverse talents and experiences while they each pursue their own spark of genius.
Dwight has a long-standing commitment to its financial aid program, which allows students to have an independent school education regardless of the family’s financial circumstances. Dwight values enrolling a highly qualified student body with diverse talents, interests, and backgrounds. Dwight grants financial aid awards annually on the basis of financial need. All financial aid awards are made independent of admissions decisions. Recipients of financial aid must reapply each year, and all financial aid information is kept confidential. Financial aid awards are typically renewed each year, as long as the family’s financial circumstances still show need.
Dwight Global Online School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, national, or ethnic origin, physical disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Are online studies right for me?
- Will I receive guidance in selecting my courses?
- What are the technical requirements for online courses?
- What are the graduation requirements for the Dwight Global diploma?
- How does Dwight ensure the quality of online courses?
- I live in the New York area and want to visit Dwight for in-person academic experiences, in addition to the Dwight Global residential components. Is this possible?
- What kind of support can a Dwight student expect?
- Does Dwight Global offer IB and AP courses?
- What's an online class like? Is there a discussion?
- What's the typical week like for a Dwight Global student?
- How many courses can I take at once? Is there a minimum number of courses in which I must enroll?
Many different students benefit from flexibility in scheduling and personalization that online learning options offer, including those who train, travel, compete, and perform ― athletes, dancers, actors, and musicians ― as well as home-schooled students or anyone seeking one-to-one support. The interactive learning space provides students with a personalized, dynamic, and flexible learning experience to meet their needs and academic interests.
Our course-hosting infrastructure is designed for maximum compatibility and minimal requirements: Students need a notebook computer with a Windows or Mac operating system. If you want to view our online platform, Canvas, on a device with a smaller screen, we recommend using the Canvas mobile app.
Dwight Global offers a range of online high school courses that are highly interactive and encourage meaningful collaboration within a small online cohort of students. These courses are designed, developed, and taught by our experienced faculty. Our curriculum promotes the development of open-minded, independent thinkers who can apply what they have learned in the real world. Program evaluation surveys provide regular feedback about student learning, participation, and assessment. We work on an ongoing basis to add new courses to expand the range of choices for our students based on their needs and interests.
We offer a blended learning experience that combines online learning with all the benefits of being part of our vibrant school community. Students can take a mix of online and on-site classes. We customize the educational experience for each student based on his/her personal needs and interests, and encourage our students to attend school, receive academic support, and participate in any of our more than 50 after-school programs and trips.
Dwight has a system of multi-level mentoring across all grades. Through a very personalized approach, Dwight seeks to develop a unique “spark of genius” in every student. Additionally, Dwight’s Quest program ensures that students are able to receive, when needed, additional individualized attention and support for academic success.
The academically challenging and engaging courses are structured around seminar-based live discussion meetings. In classes with a maximum of 15 students from around the world, students will participate in real-time video-conference courses taught by Dwight teachers in an online classroom. Instruction is guided through explanations, resources and materials, and interactive use of media. Students will also have access to recorded video lectures and will complete other online and offline course materials. Teachers provide feedback to promote lifelong learning habits, as students develop communication, organization, research, and social skills.
Dwight Global students carry a full online course load, completing five to six courses per year. Each course is self-paced with weekly modules. Core courses require approximately four hours a week each, while electives require approximately three hours each. Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate courses require a time commitment of five-six hours weekly.
Additionally, Dwight Global combines real-time video conference seminars, individual online tutorials, and optional residential experiences several times a year. Dwight Global provides the best elements of day school, boarding school, and online school, so each week may not look exactly the same, thanks to the diverse opportunities provided by both our virtual and real- world academic environments.
- Do colleges accept Dwight Global's online courses? How do universities perceive an online education?
- How do universities view certificates in IB courses?
- Are Dwight Global online courses NCAA-approved?
- Should I take SAT Subject Tests, if I am taking College Admission Tests like SAT or ACT?
Yes, colleges and universities will accept Dwight Global’s online classes for admissions. If a student receives a strong score on an AP exam or on a Higher Level IB exam, he/she may enter college with advanced standing credit or place out of introductory-level courses (each school has its own policy and students should check with the college or university directly). Colleges and universities understand that online courses help to promote lifelong learners, and view our online courses similarly as those taken in the classroom.
The IB program is highly regarded by top universities. Universities are very familiar with the rigor of individual IB courses (certificates) and how well they prepare students for college-level work. Dwight recommends taking at least two IB courses to demonstrate a challenging IB course load on college applications.