Grades 6-12 Library Resources
Choose Central Park West
Click on catalog to search our collection of books, e-books, and other media. The catalog will tell you if we have a book and where it would be located within the library.
Database Passwords and Usernames
Citation Tools and Research Guides
- Noodle Tools
- This is the school's citation manager, and with it you can create works cited pages for various projects!
- Ms. Sculnick's Research Sites
- Did Ms. Sculnick visit your class and share a Google Site with you? You can access it here.
- Sweet Search
Accessing eBooks and Book Requests
- Sora (log-on using your email and laptop password)
- Through Sora you can access Dwight School's ebooks as well as the ebooks we have through the Hudson Valley Library Association (HVLA) Consortium.
- All summer reading books are available through Sora, and you can download it as an app on phones or tablets as well.
- Need further instructions? Look here or ask a librarian for help.
Recommend Books for the Library
Want to add something to the library? Email Ms. Sculnick, or check back here for more information.
Digital Book Displays
Middle School Resources
- Bentley House Summer Reading List
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Gale: Research in Context
- Infobase Databases (Includes History Research Center, Science Online)
- New York Times (Only accessible within the Dwight School building)
- Scholastic Go
- SIRS Discover
- Middle School Science Research
Databases by Discipline
- General Academic Sources/Reference
- Computer Science
- History and Social Sciences
- Literature and Drama
General Academic Sources/Reference
History and Social Sciences
Literature and Drama
Middle and Upper School Library Rules
Welcome to the library! The library is open M-F from 7:45 am-5 pm for faculty and students grade 6-12. The library is a shared space, so please be respectful of your fellow community members who are working in the library.
You can check out materials either using the self-checkout computer or with the librarian on duty. The loan period for materials is 3 weeks, if you need longer please renew your materials with the librarian. You can return your materials to the librarian directly or by placing them on the cart next to the desk. Library items are shared by everyone in the community, so please be courteous in returning them quickly.
Lost or Damaged Items
Please notify a librarian of lost or damaged materials. Replacements will be handled on a case by case basis.
Meet Your Librarians
Sarah Sculnick, Upper School Librarian
Want a research consultation or a class visit? Send Ms. Sculnick a request,
Katie Bader, Library Assistant