Grades 6-12 Library Resources
Click on catalog to search our collection of books, e-books, and other media. The catalog will tell you if we have a book and where it would be located within the library.
- Sora (log-on using your email and laptop password)
- Through Sora you can access Dwight School's ebooks as well as the ebooks we have through the Hudson Valley Library Association (HVLA) Consortium.
- All summer reading books are available through Sora, and you can download it as an app on phones or tablets as well.
- Need further instructions? Look here or ask a librarian for help.
Recommend Books for the Library
Want to add something to the library? Email Ms. Sculnick, or check back here for more information.
- Bentley House Summer Reading List
- Current Biography Illustrated
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Gale: Research in Context
- Infobase Databases (Includes History Research Center, Science Online)
- New York Times (Only accessible within the Dwight School building)
- Scholastic Go
- SIRS Discover
- Middle School Science Research
Middle and Upper School Library Rules
Welcome to the library! The library is open M-F from 7:30 am-5 pm for faculty and students grade 6-12. The library is a shared space, so please be respectful of your fellow community members who are working in the library.
- Respect each other, the librarians, the materials, and the space.
- Food and drink are permitted if you keep them away from the library books, and you need to clean up after yourself.
- Please adhere to the technology policies when using your computer in the library. Students cannot use computers in a way that is disruptive or harmful to others, or in a way that invades each others privacy.
- Students must use headphones; you can ask the librarian for a pair if you do not have your own.
You can check out materials either using the self-checkout computer or with the librarian on duty.
- The loan period for materials is 3 weeks, if you need longer please renew your materials with the librarian.
- You can return your materials to the librarian directly or by placing them on the cart next to the desk.
- Library items are shared by everyone in the community, so please be courteous in returning items.
Lost or Damaged Items
Please notify a librarian of lost or damaged materials. Replacements will be handled on a case by case basis.
Meet Your Librarians
Sarah Sculnick, Upper School Librarian
Want a research consultation or a class visit? Send Ms. Sculnick a request.
Katie Bader, Library Assistant