International Baccalaureate Facts & Figures
- The rigorous IB is recognized worldwide as the “global standard” in college preparation.
- Research shows that IB students outperform their non-IB peers:
- On the SAT and ACT
- Have higher acceptance rates to colleges
- Are 21% more likely to be admitted to the nation’s most prestigious universities, including Harvard, Princeton, Yale, and Stanford
- Perform better in post-secondary education
- IB graduates often receive college credit for IB Diploma Program courses.
- Dwight was selected by the International Baccalaureate from 3,700 IB World Schools across the globe in 2013 to pioneer the delivery of IB courses online. Today’s Dwight Global Online School is ranked #2 best online high school in the U.S. by Newsweek and niche.com.
- Dwight was recognized by the Guild of IB Schools of the Northeast with a School of Excellence Award for the highest-quality IB education.
WORLD LANGUAGES AT DWIGHT
- Foreign language learning begins early, with instruction in both Mandarin and Spanish in preschool 2s and French in preschool 3s.
- Italian and German are available beginning in grade 6 — and we offer instruction in 18 languages total.
- Dwight students can pursue bilingual IB Diplomas in English and numerous other languages, offering them additional benefits in their college application process and well beyond.
Beyond the Classroom: Learning Never Ends
- We offer over 95 choices in after-school programs and clubs for students of all ages designed to extend their learning and skill development, ignite their sparks of genius, and introduce them to new interests, while deepening friendships.
- Dwight has more than 30 Middle School, JV, and Varsity athletic teams; our proud Lions have brought home countless league and State championship titles.
- International trips and exchange programs with students at other Dwight Schools begin in grade 5 with a reciprocal visit to Dwight School London — a program that began 25 years ago. Numerous others follow in Middle and Upper Schools.
- We offer private instruction in 15 instruments, voice, music technology and composition in our Music Conservatory taught by professional musicians.
- Dwight students have their own record label: 566 Records.
- Dwight offers students a range of exciting pre-professional internship and shadowing opportunities.