We are committed to the development of the whole child, which includes physical well-being. Through P.E. classes and a wide range of extracurricular programs and athletic teams, students have opportunities to set goals, hone their skills, and excel in both individual and team sports. Dwight, which has a long-standing scholar-athlete tradition, is proud to be the first school in the U.S. to be accredited by the World Academy of Sport as an Athlete Friendly Education Center (AFEC). This enables scholar-athletes to balance their commitments to their sport and to their education. IB World Schools that are AFEC-accredited are able to offer student-athletes an extended period in which to complete the rigorous IB Diploma Program.
Our scholar-athlete tradition dates back to the earliest days of Dwight’s history, when students with the School’s signature “D” emblazoned on their chests made newspaper headlines with record-breaking victories over local rivals. These same students went on to elite colleges, highlighting the relationship between excelling in both the classroom and on the playing field. Our tradition of inspiring students to exceed their own expectations — on and off the court — continues today. Students are encouraged to do their personal best, be collegial, show good sportsmanship, and demonstrate the core values of a Dwight athlete.
- Cross Country - Varsity Mixed Gender
- Cross Country - Middle School Mixed Gender
- Soccer - Varsity Boys
- Soccer - Varsity Girls
- Soccer - JV Boys
- Soccer - Middle School Mixed Gender
- Volleyball - Varsity Girls
- Volleyball - JV Girls
- Volleyball - JV Girls (Red)
- Volleyball - JV Girls (Blue)
- Volleyball - Middle School Girls
- Volleyball - Middle School Girls (Blue)
- Volleyball - Middle School Girls (Red)
- Basketball - Varsity Boys
- Basketball - Varsity Girls
- Basketball - JV Boys
- Basketball - JV Girls
- Basketball - Middle School Boys
- Basketball - Middle School Girls
- Fencing - Varsity Mixed Gender
- Jiu-Jitsu - Varsity Mixed Gender
- Swimming - Varsity Mixed Gender
- Swimming - Middle School Mixed Gender
- Track & Field - Varsity Indoor Mixed Gender
- Baseball - Varsity Boys
- Golf - Varsity Mixed Gender
- Rugby - Varsity Boys
- Softball - Varsity Girls
- Tennis - Varsity Boys
- Tennis - Varsity Girls
- Track & Field - Varsity Outdoor Mixed Gender
- Track & Field - Middle School Outdoor Mixed Gender
- Volleyball - Middle School Club Mixed Gender
- Volleyball - Upper School Club Mixed Gender
- Volleyball - Varsity Boys
Sports and fitness can be important elements of a student’s spark of genius. Athletics highlight the importance of goal-setting, improvement, and character development. Through sacrifice and effort, our student-athletes struggle, fail, succeed, and try again — and always have fun in a nurturing but competitive environment. Our outstanding coaches work to improve individual and team performance and promote teamwork, leadership, and sportsmanship.
Winning championships inspires a wonderful thrill and a well-deserved sense of pride, but they are not ultimately how we measure success. We believe that success is in the journey, in forming strong relationships, and in the pursuit to give one’s best. Dwight Athletics emphasizes the value of discipline and perseverance, the importance of winning and losing with grace and humility, and the power of teamwork.
Dwight School Athletic Center
The Dwight School Athletic Center is home of the Dwight Lions! We are proud of the incredible opportunities this Center affords our students, families, faculty and staff, and the local community.
Our 40,000 square-foot Athletic Center boasts state-of-the-art facilities: a regulation-size high school gym seating 200 people; a six-lane, 25-yard indoor swimming pool; exercise and dance rooms; learning spaces; locker rooms, and two rooftop turf tennis courts.
Whether perfecting swim strokes with our highly experienced aquatics teachers or simply enjoying the benefits of exercise and maintaining an active lifestyle, our Athletic Center offers something for everyone – at every age and level.