Trips & Exchanges
International and Domestic Trips
Trips to destinations, both national and overseas, offer students robust opportunities to extend their learning beyond the classroom, expand their worldviews, and become global leaders.
Our students travel to the home countries of Dwight Schools in our global network for exchanges, where they forge friendships with peers on other campuses and are introduced to different cultures. They also travel to other international destinations to participate in leadership and community service programs, pursue athletic training, and see more of the world. Within the U.S., students take grade-wide trips for orientation and bonding experiences early in the year, as well as to destinations that bring their classroom learning to life.
International trips have included:
- Dwight School London - grade 5 exchange
- Dwight School Seoul - grade 7 exchange
- Dwight School Dubai - grade 7 exchange
- Shanghai Qibao Dwight High School - grade 9 exchange
- Shanghai Qibao High School for a Dwight Schools International Music Festival - grades 7-12
- Luxembourg for the Global Issues Network Conference - grades 8-11
- Dwight School London for a Dwight Schools Choral Extravaganza - grades 8-12
- France for the FIFA Women’s World Cup and a Girls Varsity Soccer team summer training trip - grades 9-12
- Ireland for a Varsity Boys Rugby team spring training trip - grades 9-12
- Kenya visit to the WISER Girls Secondary School in Muhuru Bay - grades 9-12
- Costa Rica for a community service trip - grades 6-8
Domestic trips have included:
- Orientation at Greenkill YMCA Retreat Center in Huguenot, NY - grade 6
- Orientation at Frost Valley YMCA in Claryville, NY - grade 9
- Washington, DC - grades 4 and 8
- Boston, MA - grade 7
- NASA Space Camp in Huntsville, AL - grade 8
- Boys Varsity Basketball team participate in the Kreul Classic National Tournament in Coral Springs, FL - grades 9-12
Dwight's WILD Program
Students in grades 9-12 have the opportunity to participate in our outdoor WILD (Wilderness Instruction and Leadership Development) program. WILD builds community and helps fulfill Dwight's vision to “foster the next generation of global leaders who can thrive anywhere in the world.” This includes the wild outdoors!
Stripped of their home comforts and electronic devices, students are challenged to overcome fears and realize they can do more than they ever imagined. They develop an increased tolerance for adversity and uncertainty, and they develop grit on both day hikes and overnight camping trips. An additional aim of WILD is to build a deeper sense of citizenship in students. Students learn about outdoor ethics and “Leave No Trace” practices to ensure the conservation of our natural heritage. WILD develops leaders who care about the environment and combat climate change.
One of the unique and invaluable benefits of being part of Dwight’s global network of schools is the built-in opportunity that students have to attend school at any one of our brick-and-mortar campuses in London, Seoul, Shanghai, Dubai, Hanoi (opening in 2024), or online for a trimester or full academic year, depending on the host School.
As all Dwight Schools are IB World Schools, students can join classes in another country and continue their studies seamlessly, while experiencing life in the shoes of their peers, with whom they develop strong bonds and lifelong friendships. This immersive opportunity offers students a deeper dive into another culture and even more time to challenge themselves and make lasting memories than is possible through a week-long visit.