Preschool & Kindergarten
Welcome to Dwight’s Preschool and Kindergarten!
These years are an exciting time for growth and exploration for both our students and families, and we look forward to embarking on this exciting journey with you.
We’re delighted to introduce children to their first classroom experience in our warm, nurturing environment. Our student-centered approach encourages children to discover the world around them, while learning to connect with others and developing a strong sense of self. In Dwight’s tradition of igniting the spark of genius in every child, we help students begin to unlock their unique talents and interests and allow their natural abilities to flourish.
We’re proud to offer one of the most respected curriculums in the world, the inquiry-based Primary Years Program (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate, which is rich, engaging, and encourages students to ask questions and actively participate in their learning. Our highly qualified teachers in our PYP, 2s and 3s programs apply best practices in early childhood education, leading the way for students to become enthusiastic, caring, compassionate, internationally minded learners and problem-solvers.
The Preschool offers the Primary Years Program (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate to children ages three through five. The nature of the PYP places the child at the center, which allows Dwight to consistently position the students’ strengths and interests at the forefront of the learning experience.
Our team of early education experts includes six specialists, who share their passion and areas of expertise with students:
- Spanish and Mandarin: We begin language instruction earlier than most, teaching Spanish and Mandarin beginning in preschool.
- Physical health and wellness: Students learn about their bodies, healthy eating, and exercise, while building skills like cooperation and teamwork.
- Music: Students play with instruments and props, strengthen their language skills, and of course — sing!
- Studio: Students explore a variety of subjects and build skills through hands-on learning.
- Library: We foster a love of reading right from the start! Through reading, students access a variety of perspectives on the content they’re learning in class.
Our bright and spacious facility is just a few feet from Riverside Park, offering views across the Hudson River. I encourage you to visit our campus, attend an admissions open house, meet our wonderful teachers, and see for yourself what makes our Preschool and Kindergarten so special. Check out our Preschool application process and apply today.
Christine Allen | Head of Dwight’s Preschool & Kindergarten
Dwight's preschool and kindergarten students are enthusiastic learners and our Riverside Campus faculty are equally passionate about providing them with the all-important building blocks that will support their educational journeys from their first days in the classroom through to graduation.