Trips & Exchanges
International and Domestic Trips
Overnight domestic and international trips provide our students with the opportunity to extend their learning beyond the classroom and become global leaders. As in school, the goal of these programs is to engage students in hands-on learning and help them find their "spark of genius."
As an international school, Dwight has sent students to every continent and to countless countries. No matter the destination, every trip illustrates Dwight’s commitment to educating global leaders.
Recent and upcoming trips include ...
- Dwight School Dubai Exchange Program - Grade 7
- Dwight School London Choral Extravaganza - Grades 8-12
- Shanghai Qibao Dwight High School exchange program - Grade 9
- Varsity Boys Rugby trip to England and Scotland
- WISER Girls Secondary School visit in Muhuru Bay, Kenya - Grades 9-12
- Community Service Trip to Costa Rica - Grades 6-8
- Global Issues Network Conference in Luxembourg - Grades 8-11
- Trees for Life: Reforestation in Nepal - Grades 9-11
- Dwight School London exchange program - Grade 5
- Animal Rescue Service in Costa Rica - Grades 8-12
- Orientation at Frost Valley YMCA in Claryville, NY - Grade 9
- Orientation at Greenkill YMCA Retreat Center in Huguenot, NY - Grade 6
- Boston, MA - Grade 7
- Boys Varsity Basketball Kreul Classic National Tournament in Coral Springs, FL
- NASA Space Camp in Huntsville, AL - Grade 8
- Washington, DC - Grades 4 and 8
We offer students the opportunity to study on any campus in The Dwight Schools network for a trimester or year. Additionally, in our exchange programs, students travel abroad, expand their world view, learn about other cultures, and forge lasting friendships with their peers at sister Dwight Schools, illustrating the numerous, invaluable benefits of being part of a global network of schools. Our programs include:
- Week-long reciprocal exchange with Dwight School Dubai - Grade 7
- Week-long reciprocal exchange with Dwight School London - Grade 5
- Week-long reciprocal exchange with Shanghai Qibao Dwight High School - Grade 9
The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Program at Dwight
The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Program is the world’s leading youth achievement award and was launched at Dwight in 2020. Formally known in the U.S. as “The Award,” the program encourages young people ages 14-24 to learn new skills, be physically active, volunteer within their communities, and discover a sense of adventure outside the classroom. It helps young people discover their passions, unlock their potential, and become global citizens, making it a great fit for our School. The Award's fundamentals also closely align with CAS (Creativity, Action, and Service) and other elements of the IB.
Dwight students in pursuit of The Award can participate in Dwight’s WILD (Wilderness Instruction Leadership Development) program, thanks to the generosity of The Dwight School Foundation. WILD provides students with the opportunity to learn important outdoor skills and sustainable practices, and to embark on hikes together in scenic spots in New York and beyond.