- Weekend Group Lessons
- Private Lesson Packages
- Free Family Swim Fridays
- Saturday Birthday Pool Parties
- Adult 18+ Lap Swim Program
Weekend Group Lessons
Dwight's weekend group lessons are taught by certified, experienced swim professionals in our world-class, 25-yard, six-lane pool on Manhattan's Upper East Side. Our swim classes are open to all. Registration for winter 2020 sessions will begin on Friday, December 13.
Winter Session (10 lessons):
- Saturdays, January 11 - March 14; Sundays January 12 - March 15
- Discounted group lessons are available for residents of 1199 housing, please email Miguel Rodriguez, Aquatics Manager, at email@example.com
Tadpoles A and B (Intro to swimming and returning beginner, ages 3-5): Saturday, 10-10:30 am | Sunday, 12-12:30 pm
This class will introduce your child to basic water skills, including bubble blowing, front and back float, and how to feel comfortable in water.
Sea Turtle (Beginner, ages 5-6): Saturday, 10:45-11:30 am | Sunday, 11-11:45 am
This program will build on basic water skills with an emphasis on floating without help and the basics of freestyle.
Starfish (Advanced Beginner, ages 6-11): Saturday, 11:45 am-12:30 pm | Sunday, 10-10:45 am
This class builds on our Sea Turtle class but with more emphasis on independent swimming.
Private Lesson Packages
Private lessons (45 min) with an instructor are available to swimmers at least three years old on the same day and time each week.
- Fridays 5-7 pm, January 10 - March 13
- Saturdays 12:45-2:15 pm, January 11 - March 14
- Sundays 2-3 pm, January 12 - March 15
Choose a package:
- Ten pack of lessons: $550
How to Schedule Lessons
Please note that the Dwight School Athletic Center holds the right to change swim instructors without notice.
Please note that we do not reschedule lessons and do not offer makeup lessons. If for any reason, you need to cancel your lesson, we require 24-hour notice. We will issue a 60% refund per session to your account. If we must cancel a lesson for any reason, you will receive a 100% refund.
If you need to cancel a lesson, please email Miguel Rodriguez, Aquatics Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Family Swim Fridays
Fridays 5-7 pm
January 10 - March 13
Our certified water safety staff will organize fun games and free play for your swimmer. Parents are not required to be in the water, but they must stay on the pool deck. Walk-ins are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis to maintain a safe ratio in the pool.
Book a Saturday Birthday Pool Party at our Athletic Center!
Birthdays are very special, and that’s why we want to make your child’s birthday party unforgettable! Forget the cliche cupcakes and hats — grab a swim cap and have a pool party!
Our Athletic Center provides a family friendly space, where children can be safe, social, and have fun. We’re dedicated to creating a great experience for both children and adults.
With certified lifeguards, and creative and vivacious swim instructors, your group will have an amazing time.
Our Two-hour Package Includes
- One hour in the swimming pool, playing games, and swimming
- One hour in the party room to enjoy music, food, and cake with your guests
- Our party room provides the tables, table cloths, chairs, paper goods, balloons, and a birthday banner
- Pizza and drinks, including water available upon request for an extra fee
- Pool parties are held on Saturdays, from 2:30-4:30 pm (if you intend on setting up, please arrive before your swim time)
- Fifty percent of the party cost is required as a deposit two weeks prior to the party date, upon confirmation from us. The remainder of the balance is due on the day of the party. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable.
- Children and adults are required to bring their own towels, swim caps, and goggles.
- Adults are required to accompany children ages 1-3 in the water.
- Upon arrival, your payment and a signature on our birthday party liability form are required.
To schedule a birthday pool party, please fill complete this form.
Welcome to our world-class, 25-yard, six-lane pool on Manhattan's Upper East Side. Adult lap swim hours give fitness-minded adults the chance to take to the water.
Sessions: January 10 - March 15, 2020 (Closed January 20, 2020)
- Monday - Friday, 7-10 am, and 7-9:30 pm
- Saturday 12-9:30 pm
- Sunday 7 am-8:30 pm
- Lifeguard breaks for 15 minutes every two hours upon opening
- $100 promotional price for the first session
Lap Swim Rules:
- Lap Swim Membership is only for lap swim, and not the facility
- No guest allowed
- Lanes are divided by swimming speed
- Bring your own lock
- Proper swim attire required
- Swimming caps required